Huei-Wen Ferng, Associate Professor.
Office : T4-506
Email : email@example.com
URL : http://web.ntust.edu.tw/~hwferng
Mr. Lien ???
- K. Pahlavan and K. Krishnamurthy, “Principles of Wireless Networks,”
Prentice Hall. .
- A. Ganz, Z. Ganz, and K. Wongthavarawat, “Multimedia Wireless Networks
– Technologies, Standards, and QoS,” Prentice Hall
- H. Kaaranen et al. “UMTS Networks: Architecture, Mobility, and Services,”
- C. K. Toh, “Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks: Protocols and Systems,”
- T. S. Rappaport, “Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice,”
- R. A. Dayem, “Mobile Data & Wireless LAN Technologies,”
- David J. Goodman, “Wireless Personal Communications Systems,”
- P. G. Hoel, S. C. Port, and C. J. Stone, “Introduction to Probability
Introduction to Wireless and Mobile Systems
- Probability, Statistics, and Traffic Theories
- Mobile Radio Propagation
- Channel Coding
- The Cellular Concept
- Multiple Radio Access
- Multiple Division Techniques
- Channel Allocation
- Mobile Communication Systems
- Existing Wireless Systems
- Satellite Systems
- Network Protocols
- Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks
- Wireless MANs, LANs, and PANs
- Recent Advances
Materials from references and papers.
- Final Exam 40%
- Homework 25%
- Final Report 35%
Final Report and Oral Presentation of Mobile Computing
Requirement : Reading at least one paper per person
Topic : Any tpic(s) related to the course
Number of Members in a Team : 1-2 people
Time of Presentation : about 25 minutes per team.
Requirement for the final report : at least 5 pages of A4
size per person with one cover page. All should be written in English/Chinese
with double space in the single-column style.
Tentative Presentation Date : two/three weeks before the end
of the semester.
Due Date of the Final Report : the last week of the semester.
- Any references listed the syllabus
- Other references put on the web-site
- A Journal list put on the web-site
- Digital Library : IEE, ACM,etc.
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5, Cellular Structure, Supplements: Paper1,Paper2
- Chapter 6, Additional Reading: CSMA
- Chapter 7 Supplement: CDMA_Capacity
- Chapter 8, Supplements: Paper1,Paper2(Slide),paper3(Slide)
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10 Part I
- Chapter10 Part II
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
- Problem Assignment 1 : SolutionsChapter 1: P1.10, P1.19Chapter 2: P2.3, P2.4, P2.8, P2.10, P2.11, P2.17, P2.18, P2.20
- Problem Assignment 2 : SolutionsChapter 3: P3.4, P3.7, P3.12, P3.17Chapter 4: P4.5, P4.6, P4.8, P.4.9Chapter 5: P5.2, P5.4, P5.5, P5.6, P5.7, P5.9, P5.10, P5.11, P5.13
- Problem Assignment 3 :
Selected Mobile Computing Courses on the WWW