A strong muslim has faith which gives him inner and outer strength. The following are several steps how to become a strong muslim, so that you are well on your way to become a true muslim and be the love of Allah SWT.
- Accept that Allah SWT Almighty exists and his attributes are beyond our imagination. He is capable everything and anything. Faith in God is essential. Accept that Muhammad (peace be upon on him) is the last of a long line of prophets that started with Adam, through Nuh, Ibrahin, Musa,Isa and everyone in between. Accept that Holy Quran is the last and true word of Allah SWT.
- Pray sincerely. Affirm that Allah SWT is close to you. Always pray on time, never delay. Never do things that only prevent you to do things that are much more important. Nothing is much more important than obeying what Allah SWT asks of you. While working or studying, halt everything you are doing and go to the nearest mosque to pray. If somebody were to ask you where you are heading, say that you are answering Allah’s call to prayer.
- Pray in the middle of the night. Pray when most people around you are sleeping. The name of the prayer is Tahajjud. However to perform this special prayer is voluntary, not compulsory. The night is the most efficacious time to pray.
- Recite His name every time. Also known as Zikr, reciting His name will ultimately make you a strong muslim and it will make you feel peaceful.
- Be grateful for everything you have. The more thankful you are, the more you will realize how much you have been blessed. Alhamdulillah.
- Keep to your promise. If you feel that you could not manage something, just inform that person so. Abiding to your promise will ultimately make you trustworthy person.
- Respect the opinion of others. No opinions are bad or stupid. Without opinions, things will never get better. If you do not like any idea, do not invalidate them but add on to the idea to improve it.
- Fast for the right reasons. Not because you want to impress others, nor because you want to feel superior in terms of popularity when you get fitter later. Fast with the intention to please only Allah, and to get reward for fasting.
- Never lie. It should be emphasized, Allah SWT hates his adherents to lie to others.
- Struggle towards goodwill. Sacrifice your time and visit the mosque if there is a lecture. Always give charity. The one who gives is better than one who receives.
- Practice felicity towards everything. Be gentle and good-hearted to your parents, your friends, your teachers, to the flora and fauna around you. Always protect the surroundings. Throwing rubbish properly,etc.
- Be gracious towards your parents. They have worked hard to bring home food. Your mother has suffered all the pain just to bring you to this world. What have you done to say thanks to them ? They have brought joy to your life by buying you presents every now and then. Have you acknowledged that and appreciate them ? Do whatever they expect of you and you will be fine.
- Never waste your time on useless things. The wasters will be the brother of satan. At day of judgment, some items/properties are going to talk for the reason you wasted the properties.
- Read the Qur’an/Hadist Regularly. It will keep your iman stronger. It will keep your soul pure. You will get reward for every letter you said.
- Read the life of Prophet Muhammad SAW and his companions, for example ‘hayatus shahabah’ – the life of companions book.
Sunday, April 13 2008.
3rd Dormitory NTUST